Salary: $11.00 /hour
Full-time Roofing Laborer needed for local Residential Roofing Company. Schedule is M-F from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Job Description: Responsible for assisting fellow roofers during the application or repair of roofing materials. Unloads materials, cleans off roof, applies roofing material, and cleans site after job is complete.Primary responsibilities
- Unload materials from truck and unroll roofing material.
- Ensure there is enough material for entire roof.
- Lift roofing materials onto roof using pulleys or ladder.
- Clear debris from roof.
- Ensure tar is chopped and heated.
- Scrape or pull off old roofing material.
- Properly equip all roofers with safety equipment, scaffolding, and hoists.
- Nail roofing paper and composition shingles into roof.
- Apply layer of tar on roof.
- Apply gravel, shingles, or asphalt over tar layer.
- Cover roof with roofing felt, asphalt strips, or other materials.
- Apply tile, slate, or composition materials to roof.
- Clear out gutters and drains.
- Affix metal sheets to roof boards or frameworks.
- Locate and fix leaks.