Santa Fe, NM
Salary: $24.00 to $28.00 /hour
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Performs payroll functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification and 4 years of experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with the senior management teams
- Excellent computer skills to include, Word, Power Point, Excel, HRMS and Payroll Software
- Must possess valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable personal vehicle and the ability to drive for work as needed
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong team player, friendly and patient
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to lead and/or supervise others
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy environment
- Ability to speak effectively before individuals or groups of customers
- Professional appearance and manner