Santa Fe, NM
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Our part-time HR Coordinator provides Human Resources consulting services to our clients with impeccable customer service. This position is also responsible for sales and marketing of HR Consulting services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Take on assigned consulting clients and/or projects.
- Utilize consulting client checklist to ensure that clients are receiving all possible services.
- Proactively contact clients to offer trainings and other services in order to retain clients.
- Conduct site visits with clients as needed or requested.
- Recommend employment related policies, procedures and HR best practices.
- Write Employee Handbooks, utilizing proper templates and language and applicable state and Federal laws.
- Advise clients on Federal, State and local employment law and regulation compliance.
- Write and update Job Descriptions, new hire paperwork, performance reviews and other HR related forms.
- Provide management consultation and employee counseling in areas such as employee discipline, terminations and all other employee relations issues.
- Conduct investigations for claims of harassment, discrimination and other employee relations issues.
- Assist with recruitment, selection, hiring and retention.
- Respond to inquiries from unemployment, EEOC, regulatory agencies and attorneys.
- Conduct salary surveys.
- Monitor and track performance evaluations and revise as necessary.
- Handle and track FMLA requests, and ADA requests as needed.
- Maintain employee personnel files, new hire paperwork, I-9’s and other forms as needed.
- Conduct exit interviews as needed.
- Track new employee eligibility for benefits enrollment as needed.
- Create and facilitate training sessions and programs.
- Identify prospects from our data base, local directories, internet, business publications, etc.
- Develops prospects from current clients, referrals and other sources.
- Contact prospects and offers Free HR Reviews.
- Conduct HR reviews for prospects as opportunities arise.
- Create proposals for HR services based on leads or outcomes of HR reviews and follow up with prospective clients regularly.
- Track all activity and tasks in Customer Relations Management software.
- Responsible for completing the required amount of sales activity each week.
- Accompany sales personnel on appointments as necessary.
- Attend staff meeting and other meetings with business partners as required.
- Schedule and attend one-on-one meetings monthly with direct supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining required certifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with the senior management teams
- Excellent computer skills to include, Word, Power Point, Excel, HRMS and Payroll Software
- Must possess valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable personal vehicle and the ability to drive for work as needed
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Dependable and self-motivated
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Strong team player, friendly and patient
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to lead and/or supervise others
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Ability to speak effectively before individuals or groups of customers
- Professional appearance and manner