POSITION: Cable Technician, Full-time, direct hire opportunity for a company based in Rio Rancho, NM.
Technicians MUST have experience working with various cables that include, but are not limited to: twisted pair, coax, Category 5, Category 6, single and multi-mode fiber optic cables. Cable installation includes: pulling, placement, terminating, testing, and labeling. IDF/MDF, rack install, fiber termination and testing experience.
- Building out cable closets (MDF/IDFs)
- Installing CAT5 and CAT6 cable in construction and retrofit environments.
- Terminate data jacks
- Terminate Fiber Cable
- Install cabling support structures and raceway
- Testing and certification of all cabling
- 3+ years’ experience installing and servicing voice and data systems in a commercial environment.
- Must own basic cabling and termination tools
- Must be familiar with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards.
- Ability to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver license.
- A familiarity with electronic systems and networking a plus.
- NM State Journeyman License a plus
- BICSI Certification is a plus but not required.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual that can think creatively while maintaining quality workmanship.
- Must be able to learn and understand basic circuits and grasp abstract concepts with concrete function.
Work requires exposure to construction site environments having temperature extremes, dust, fumes, smoke, hazardous substances and loud noise levels. Up to 70% of the job may include heavy physical work, heavy lifting, pushing or pulling of material that may weigh from 50 to 100 pounds. The position requires the incumbent to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds or aerial lifts, stand or walk for long periods, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, crawl and work in awkward positions or confined spaces for several hours at a time. The position requires the unrestricted use of hands, arms, shoulders and the upper and lower back as well as visual acuity and depth perception. Pulmonary capacity must be sufficient to permit use of an air purifying respirator, if required.
PAY / BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay (varies with level of experience)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- SEP Retirement
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Paid every week
- Direct Deposit payroll