Salary: $90,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
Payday HCM Staffing Solutions is looking for an Optometrist for the Albuquerque/ Santa Fe, NM area. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, high energy, professional chair-side qualities, and a commitment to deliver exceptional patient care. Full-time, part-time, and fill in opportunities available.
- Perform examinations of the internal and external structure of the eyes and eye heath, testing patient’s visual acuity, depth, and color perception, and the ability to focus and coordinate the eyes, and administering medication to aid in diagnosing diseases and disorders in a full medical model office.
- Develop treatment plans by analysis of test results
- Establish diagnoses such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal disorders; systemic diseases such as hypertension and diabetes; and vision conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- Provide explanations of conditions and treatment options, vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation, dry eye treatment, pre- and post-operative care for cataracts, laser vision correction and other eye surgeries
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications
- Give referrals to a specialist for complex patient diagnosis treatment.
- Accurately document patient care by charting conditions and treatment in electronic records.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations and adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Collaborate with the office manager to create “in office” training sessions and cultivate an environment where a continual exchange of knowledge between Dr. and staff is used to develops staff members
- Doctor of Optometry Degree from a college or university recognized by the Accreditation Council of Optometric Education or the American Optometric Association.
- Eligibility to be licensed in the US (Having passed Parts I, II, and III of the National Board Exam.
- A New Mexico License of Optometry