The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve a section of 5-6 tables, as determined by management.
- Complete knowledge of El Patio Restaurant food and beverage preparation.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer to ring orders on a check.
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Able to provide your own bank from which to cash out customers.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served, and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don’t hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Complete required opening and closing duties per station assignment.
All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Must have customer service experience.
On-site orientation and training will be provided.
Licenses, certifications or registrations required for the position:
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card, i.e., must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Responsible for knowledge of necessary POS system procedures needed to competently perform job.
- Ability to read and write
- Must be able to make and count back change
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to successfully sell and upsell food and beverage items